“One voice for the world meat & livestock sector”
The International Meat Secretariat (IMS) founded in 1974, is an international non-profit organization, which represents and serves as one voice for the global meat and livestock industry.
The IMS promotes the sector as a vital motor of growth and prosperity to meet the future demands for sustainable, high-quality, nutritious and safe animal protein including beef, pig meat and sheep meat and to ensure the sector’s contribution as an essential part of a healthy, sustainable diet.
Our organization brings together livestock producer associations, national and regional meat associations, meat exporter associations, meat processing companies, government, and corporate partners from around the world representing over 75% of the global production of cattle, pig, and sheep meat.
We aim to act as a catalyst for international cooperation on key issues affecting our sector and the IMS welcomes membership applications from organizations involved in the meat and livestock sector from around the world. By joining the IMS you will connect with key organizations working together to meet the future demands for sustainable, high-quality, nutritious and safe animal protein and you will be able to:
- Input into the development of international standards impacting our sector and engage with international organizations to shape science and fact based public policy
- Network with your peers from around the world via IMS conferences, scientific symposiums, expert workshops and committees and benefit from knowledge-sharing and scientific exchange
- Shape the external communications and image of the industry while benefiting from assistance in issue management and policy guidance to support your local engagement efforts
- Raise your organization’s profile, including through leadership positions within the IMS, hosting an IMS event or supporting other activities
- Receive regular newsletters with insights on relevant issues from around the world, as well as the yearly IMS-GIRA World Meat Facts Book.
Should you be interested in applying for Membership to the IMS please contact us.
International Meat Secretariat – IMS
5 rue Lespagnol
Office: +33 (0) 1 4493 6020
Fax: +33 (0) 1 4493 6001